Are you looking for a special holiday side dish that’s sure to please?Well, then, you have to try this one! This is a recipe from my husband’s family. It’s a favorite that everyone expects to find on the table for both Thanksgiving and Christmas. I actually asked for my mother-in-law’s permission so that I could safely share her recipe for Cranberry-Grape Salad without fearing for my life. (Just kidding!)
It’s a pretty simple recipe, the main thing is that you will want to make this salad well ahead of time – the day before, if possible.
Prepping doesn’t take too long, especially with the help of a few small appliances. I hope your family enjoys it as much as ours does!
Cranberry-Grape Salad ~ A Family Holiday Favorite
- 16 oz cranberries, chopped finely
- 16 oz red seedless grapes, halved
- 1 cup pecans, chopped
- 1 cup miniature marshmallows
- 1 1/2 cup sugar
- 1 pint whipping cream, whipped
- This salad needs to be made well ahead of time, preferably the day before. Mix all of the ingredients together in a large bowl. Keep refrigerated until needed. Stir well before serving. This recipe makes a lot, so it's perfect for a large family gathering, or party. Enjoy!
Schema/Recipe SEO Data Markup by Yummly Rich Recipes
Well, I’d love to come to your house for supper sometime! 😀 And I love the snow, both in the pictur, and falling from the sky!
Thanks for the recipe!
Oh, and is the pint of whipping cream to be whipped before or after measuring?
Before. Just buy a pint of whipping cream and then whip it.
I thought the snow was kind of fun. I wish everyone could see it, but only those using a computer can. I hope you like the recipe!